Technical Support Engineer / Manufacturing Engineer / Software / Oxfordshire
Stowood creates and distributes medical equipment that enables diagnosis of sleeping disorders.
We are small but growing, a tight-knit family business, and need someone who is not afraid to get involved in any aspect of the business should the need arise.
The “technical support and manufacturing engineer” will be responsible for supporting customers who work in hospitals or other medical environments. The work divides into two main areas:
1 – Technical support
- Support our Windows-based software Visi-Download and Remlogic via phone, email, and customer visits
- Generate and transfer licence keys for customers
- Support the various medical hardware devices, sensors and accessories we sell
- Preventative maintenance, i.e. monitoring, reporting, spotting issues before you log them and looking for root cause and improvements in the platform.
- Liaising with software engineers if problems are unsolvable
2 – Manufacturing and repairs
- Assembly of sleep recorders and accessories. Involves light soldering and electronic troubleshooting skills
- Talking with customers, sending RMA numbers, fault finding and repair of devices from customers then shipping back
- Logging of manufacturing data
- Testing new software packages before they are released
- Deployment, testing and troubleshooting of new product features
There is always more to do- we are growing in double digits and any improvements to systems, products or the company are greatly in demand.
The platform is a combination of our own hardware and software, and hardware and software we distribute from other world-leaders in the medical device field.
Experience with troubleshooting electronic systems is essential.
You’ll be as comfortable demonstrating a new feature or initiating a client call as you will be checking application logs, restarting services, re-soldering components and delving into the heart of the system to troubleshoot an issue.
You must be able to demonstrate clear and logical thinking combined with the curiosity to understand the how, what, why and when of our technology.
Tech skills, to include:
- Operating Microsoft Windows PCs to the level of understanding the Device Manager and Event Logs
- Experience of soldering
You demonstrate extreme levels of accountability and are results driven; you value teamwork and collaboration; you communicate transparently and with candour, while always being genuine; you act boldly, take initiative and are comfortable taking calculated risks to achieve successful outcomes; you execute with speed and integrity, delivering high quality work product which you are proud of.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £20,000.00 to £30,000.00 /year