Stowood Scientific Instruments Ltd is a family-owned medical device manufacturer classed by government business agencies as a ‘high growth’ company; we have been in business since 1992. We’re a small, tight-knit office so we need someone ready to work closely with colleagues, try things they haven’t done before, and turn their hand to almost anything. We are based in beautiful rural surroundings a few miles outside Oxford city centre.
Duties and responsibilities
You will be selling to and supporting customers who work in hospitals or other medical environments and supporting other members of our admin and finance team.
Your main tasks will be
- answering the telephone and fielding email enquires;
- order processing, including order admin, picking, packing, shipping, and unpacking boxes;
- preparing quotations;
- stock management;
- helping manage banking.
Or you might be asked to help create a product brochure, test new products, or fix the photocopier. With time, there will be opportunities for the right person to take on increased responsibilities and in new areas, from quality control to website development.
- Enjoyment of and respect for administrative duties as a foundation for business excellence
- Experience of administration, with a proven track record of capability
- Demonstrable Excel, Word, and numeracy skills
- Ideally, experience with the Sage50 accounting package (or similar)
- High motivation and organizational capacity
- Ability to prioritize
- Good communication skills both verbal and written, with an excellent telephone manner
- An interest in trouble-shooting and a capacity for learning
- Ability to work in a team with members who are remote and in close proximity
- Own transport- we are not on public transport
- A flexible, can-do attitude
If this sounds like you, please apply, including a cover letter that tells us why you find this job attractive and how your experience and skills are particularly suited for it. We look forward to hearing from you.
- £20-25k dependent on experience
- Normal working hours will comprise 40 hours per week.
- The 40 hours includes half an hour for lunch each day, although if the appointee is alone in the office it will be necessary for them to continue to take phone calls and receive deliveries during that time.
- Ideally we would like the appointee to work from 9 am until 5 pm.
If this sounds like you, please write to email@example.com enclosing a CV and a cover letter that tells us why you find this job attractive and how your experience and skills are particularly suited for it. We look forward to hearing from you.