Stowood has been an innovative medical device manufacturer since 1992. We:
- design, develop and sell our products to more than 300 NHS and other hospitals in the UK, mainland Europe, Japan, Australia, South America and NZ and are developers of the gold standard software platform for our industry
- are one of the most innovative companies in our industry
- are classed by government business agencies as a ‘high growth’ company
- have been in business 26 years with continual steady growth
- are small and friendly, so you’ll have real responsibility and see the results of your actions fast
- are based in an office with a fantastic view and beautiful surroundings just outside Oxford City, so your travel will be against the flow of commuters
- are family- and UK-owned.
The Accounting and Business Administrator will be responsible for supporting customers who work in hospitals or other medical environments. The work divides into main areas as described below. These are the core of the job, but this is a small company in which there are many different jobs to be done and, time permitting, there is scope for the appointee to take on roles in areas in which they have other expertise.
1. Daily office management
- Receive packages
- Answer phone and emails, including
- Prepare standard quotations
- General queries
- Receive and print orders
- Check prices
- Pick items and keep stock up-to-date
- Create, send, and file invoices and delivery notes
- Pack and ship boxes
3. Manage stock
- Check stock levels
- Create orders for items low on stock
- Track shipments to ensure timely delivery
- On delivery, unpack and check items against order
- Restock shelves, update price list
4. Banking and credit control
- Check daily bank statements for payments
- Chase and follow up overdue invoices by phone and email
- Keep track of purchase invoice due dates
- Pay invoices via online banking
- Bank reconciliations
We’d like experience in:
- Sage50 accounts software
- Microsoft Excel, Word
- Experience in desktop publishing software would also be useful
The right person: You’re flexible. You value teamwork and collaboration; you communicate transparently and with candour; you take initiative and are comfortable taking calculated risks to achieve successful outcomes; you execute with speed and integrity, delivering high quality work product which you are proud of; you’re willing to learn and to turn your hand to whatever we throw at you.
- £20-25k dependent on experience
- Normal working hours will comprise 40 hours per week.
- The 40 hours includes half an hour for lunch each day, although if the appointee is alone in the office it will be necessary for them to continue to take phone calls and receive deliveries during that time.
- Ideally we would like the appointee to work from 9 am until 5 pm.
If this sounds like you, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org enclosing a CV and a cover letter that tells us why you find this job attractive and how your experience and skills are particularly suited for it. We look forward to hearing from you.